The central objective of this course is to introduce you to mindfulness meditation and help you cultivate a personal mindfulness practice. Both beginners and those with significant experience find this course extremely worthwhile.
In this five-week blended learning course, you will learn the basics of mindfulness meditation through a series of readings, reflections, and guided mindfulness practices. This course includes current scientific research on mindfulness and the brain, emotion regulation, and compassion. There will be 5 live Zoom sessions with Patti Ward, Mindful Schools Certified Instructor and Kate Austin, Mindful Schools Certified Instructor.
- The basics of mindfulness meditation
- How to work with thinking that arises while practicing mindfulness
- Techniques for meeting and navigating intense emotions
- Practices that cultivate positive states of mind like gratitude, kindness, joy & compassion
- The role mindfulness plays in communication and interaction
- Support for developing a daily sitting practice
- Teacher: Patricia Ward